Tumbling medals for Splitz gymnasts
- Credit: Archant
Splitz Gymnastics Club took 24 gymnasts to the South West Schools Acrobatic & Tumbling Championships at Sherborne.
SPLITZ Gymnastics Club took 24 gymnasts to the South West Schools Acrobatic & Tumbling Championships at Sherborne.
The club entered five pairs and 22 tumblers, competing gymnasts were: Rosie Bunker, Libby Bunker, Lennon Coles, Elana Titcome, Carmen Benham, Kerrin Hawkings, Emily Fairchild, Rosie Hodder, Rea Cooper, Kayleigh Benham, Elleanor Atwell, Amy Green, Chloe Maspero, Jamie Lugton, Summer Rogers, Eleanor Robertson, Laura Robertson, Ellie Mae Shearer, Maisie Carter, Storm Rickwood, Olivia Harvey Bennett, Chili Harling and Kayleigh Down.
All represented their Schools.
Highlights of the day were Kerrin Hawkings and Carmen Benham winning the Under-19s pairs silver medal, and may have the opportunity of attending the national finals in May; Lennon Coles (bronze) tumbling; Kayleigh Down (bronze) tumbling; Carmen Benham (bronze) tumbling.
You may also want to watch:
Elana Titcome and Libby Bunker came a close fourth in tumbling against strong competition in their separate age categories.
The club’s next competition is the South West Acro & Tumbling Prelims at Sherborne and Taunton.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
Many thanks to Jo Hodder and Katrina Titcome for their help, Serena Robertson for judging and also the support of the parents.
The club also holds general gym classes for children age four upwards, if you would like to try a two week tria, please ring 07900 856129 or visit the website www.splitzgymclub.co.uk