Two late goals deny Hutton victory

HUTTON Under-12s played home against Burnbridge and the game ended in a 2-2 draw.

HUTTON Under-12s played home against Burnbridge and the game ended in a 2-2 draw.

Hutton started with Charlie Walford in goal, Lewis McLean, Kyle Sampson, Joe Taylor and Marios Michael in defence, midfield of Tom Miller, Billy Miller, Fraser Ham, Eli Butt and up front Sam Smith and Tom Hayes.

Hutton had some chances to score from Hayes and Smith, but the Burnbridge keeper was on form. Hutton brought on Liam Birch, Morgan Bacon and Ben Grice and Hutton took the lead when Butt set up Hayes to square the ball to Smith, who made no mistake.

After the break, Hutton upped their game and had Burnbridge on the back foot for long periods. Good interplay from Bacon, Miller and Hayes resulted in Hayes scoring to put Hutton 2-0 up.

You may also want to watch:

Rhys Davies came on up front and showed some neat touches and nearly set up Hayes to score. Walford in the Hutton goal was in great form, but Burnbridge scored from a free kick when Walford slipped.

With five minutes remaining, Burnbridge equalised which left a tense finish to a good game. The Grand Pier man of the match went to keeper Charlie Walford.

Most Read

WINSCOMBE Under-11s travelled to Clevedon United and started the game at high tempo with Jack Drake and Matthew Gilmore looking dangerous.

Toby Chambers and George Fairchild were keen to exploit any space in forward positions with Jai Nevison and Billy Berry in close support, helped by captain Piers Langford.

An underhit Winscombe backpass allowed a Nailsea striker in, but keeper Ben Meakin was quick to clear the danger and the score remained 0-0 at the half-time break.

Gilmore made a good run into the Clevedon penalty area only to be brought down. Berry coolly slotted the ball home for the first goal.

Theo Thornton-Matthews was brought on to rest some tired legs in midfield and linked up play well. Nevison forced a save from the Clevedon keeper and Gilmore had a good effort saved.

Winscombe’s defence of Will Shergold, James Ford, Philip Skinnarland and man of the match James Hart gave keeper Meakin excellent protection and fully deserved the clean sheet.

WESTON Town Under-13s continued their long winning streak with a hard fought 3-2 home win against Winscombe.

After some good play down the left, Ben Sampson evaded a couple of challenges in the area and slotted past the keeper to give Weston the lead. The visitors found it difficult to penetrate through Weston’s defence and Weston soon doubled their lead.

After a sustained attack, the ball fell to Kieran Knapp on the edge of the area and he scored his first goal of the season with a good shot. Winscombe managed to pull a goal back just before the break when a cross was unfortunately turned into his own net by Harry Trego.

He went on to redeem his mistake with some well-timed interceptions allowing Weston to take a slender lead into the break.

The second half became scrappy in worsening conditions, but Weston wrapped up the points when a shirt pull inside the area was spotted by the referee. The resulting penalty was stroked home by Jack Hockey to give Weston a 3-1 lead. Winscombe finished off the scoring with a goal in the last minute. The Weston Super Frames man of the match award went to Kieran Knapp.

CHURCHILL Club 70 Under-13s moved to the top of the table after their 4-1 victory over Kewstoke Juniors.

Chances were created at both ends, but it was not until the end of the half that Kewstoke took the lead following a through ball down the middle.

The second half saw Churchill move into ascendency and soon draw level, Joe Matthews racing onto a ball and placing his shot under the keeper.

Churchill’s second came following a short corner and interplay on the left, Roberto Malone firing high into the net from the edge of the box.

Following a period of even play, an astute throw by Churchill keeper Ethan Hetherington started a fine first time passing move down the right and Nathan Webber slotted the ball home.

Churchill continued to press and forced a corner on the left. Kewstoke failed to deal with the high cross into the goalmouth and Matthews scored his second from close range.

KEWSTOKE Athletic Under-14s played Nailsea Athletic in a thrilling home fixture to come away 3-1 winners.

Kewstoke started strongly and within the first few minutes Kieran Smith headed wide from the first of two corners from Harry Walsh. The speed and competent defending from James Biggs always gave Kewstoke the edge should the visitors try and break through.

A fine pass from Kaylem Rowlands at the back found Marc Frost whose cross saw Thomas Lloyd Evans put Kewstoke 1-0 up.

The second half started with pressure from Theo Payan, Ollie Norville and Kieran Malone giving Kewstoke several opportunities to score. The second goal came from a through ball which allowed Corey Kellaway to net.

Nailsea were awarded a penalty against the run of play, but superb keeping by James Adams ensured the ball stayed out.

The visitors snatched a goal despite Adams’ brave attempts. Josh Donoghue’s shot went just wide before the final goal came from Charlie Gibbons.

The team would like to wish coach John Biggs belated 65th birthday wishes. UK Installations man of the match was James Adams, improved performance was Thomas Lloyd Evans and star of the week was Josh Donoghue.

The Under 10s A team took a short trip to Axbridge where both sides put on an impressive performance.

Axbridge started strongly and looked determined as they managed to keep Jake Manville, Mikey Nicholls and Mateo Turvey out. Joel Crinson had the best chance when his shot hit the bar.

Good work from Charlie Sweeting and George Creech at the back eventually started the ball rolling with two goals for Geneshuis Teboh. Substitute Ryan Pugh was soon on the scoresheet before half-time. A cracking shot from Charlie Robinson was well saved.

The second half saw lots of changes to the Kewstoke side as Sam Carter came out of goal to play in front of the defence and Teboh put on the gloves to play in goal. It wasn’t long before Carter was brought down. His free kick eventually found Manville who scored Kewstoke’s fourth.

Weston and Worle Advertiser man of the match was awarded to Geneshuis Teboh.

Kewstoke Under-10s B team defeated Axbridge 8-0 in a scrappy match.

Kewstoke went into the break with a three goal lead thanks to a hat-trick from Ryan Hill.

The game opened up a little in the second half thanks to determined play in midfield from man of the match Ashley Hastewell. Szymon Swiercrwna added a fourth, followed closely by a fifth from Sam Ford.

Some good build up play from Jake Dunn and captain Thomas Perry saw Hastewell score. Tim Page and Adam Bungay both got on the scoresheet before the final whistle. It finished 8-0 to Kewstoke, with another cleansheet for Daniel Layden in goal.

WORLE Under-12s travelled to third placed Nailsea Athletic and came away with an excellent 3-2 victory.

Lucas was at the centre of much of Worle’s good football and from his corner, JT opened the scoring. Within 90 seconds of the second half Nailsea equalised following a goalmouth scramble.

Worle continued to press forward with Thomas putting in a fine display. JT cut in from the left and slotted the ball under the keeper for 2-1 lead. Soon after, Aaron made a terrific clearance as Nailsea pushed forward. Lucas’s performance was rewarded with a goal his shot looped over the keeper to extend Worle’s lead.

Nailsea hit straight back to make it 3-2 as Worle claimed their second win of the season. Man of the match was Lucas Elliman.

CRUSADERS Under-11s and Portishead played their first game in three months and after a hard game, Crusaders came out on top by the odd goal winning 2-1.

Both defences were hard to breakdown although Crusaders had the better of the openings. Thomas, Cox and Denyer all spurned early chances. However, it was Portishead who took the lead following a header at the near post.

Crusaders upped a gear with Jones, Thomas-Barker and Cox supplying the front two. Crusaders’ equaliser came after some good work by the midfield saw Thomas latch onto a through ball and score.

Crusaders were now in control and should have added to their tally, but the score remained 1-1 at the break.

Filby, Burgess, Rac, Buxton, Redding and Tilsley were holding firm at the back allowing the midfield to gain control. After some good work down the right between Tilsley and Denyer, the ball was fed to Thomas who again finished with style.

Although Portishead made changes it was still Crusaders who looked the more likely to score. Havard, Morteo, Jones, Thomas-Barker, Rac and Denyer all having attempts on goal.

Crusaders man of the match was Ryan Thomas.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus