Two third places for George
Avon Ski Club member George Case recorded two third places in the English Championships, held in Bormio, Italy.
AVON Ski Club had a number of members taking part in this season’s English Championships, held in Bormio, Italy, over the half-term holidays.
The outstanding results for the club were George Case’s third place in the Under-11 slalom and the same again in the giant slalom.
This followed up George’s earlier second and third places at the Anglo Welsh Championships before Christmas. George has improved to beat some of his close rivals from the summer’s artificial race program, to cement his growing reputation as one of the region’s leading racers.
The English Championships are open to anyone from the UK. There were 41 entrants in the races, both of which were won Glasgow club members. As well as George taking part, Maximillian Schubert took seventh and sixth in the minis ( two races).
You may also want to watch:
George is now building up for the British Championships in Meribel, France, in April, and is now spending five weeks training on snow with the British Ski Academy.
Avon Ski Club have recently secured sponsorship from both Rossignol, the world’s foremost ski company and Leki, producer of the best protection equipment and more locally are delighted to be supported by RM Signs, based in Weston, to whom the club are most grateful.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Any queries regarding the club can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Fraser Black on 01934 427534.