Two third places for local skiers
Two local waterskiers both finished in third place at Burnham’s first international open race.
TWO skiers from Weston Watersports Club took part in Burnham’s first international open race.
The first race of 35 minutes saw flat water in the mouth of the River Parrot, where John Grimes, racing in the veteran’s class, had a brilliant start leading his class for several laps.
Unfortunately, as the race progressed he was caught and passed by two of his competitors, eventually finishing third.
The second race of 50 minutes saw Chris Preece racing in Formula 3. He had an appalling start, having to make adjustments to the engine on the start line and then the line became disconnected from the boat, leaving the skier stranded in the water.
You may also want to watch:
Once resolved, he joined the race just as the lead boats were coming round. With the water worsening, there were a few tumbles, but Chris remained upright for the duration, also achieving a third place finish.
Photos of Chris Preece.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace drug offender
- 9 Surgery's patient participation group disbanded
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
Photo: Jamie Cole - Mix-Tech Photography.co.uk (07787 134773).