Ultra distance race for James
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club’s James Wotton took part in the 100k Race to the Stones event.
James Wotton, of Weston Athletic Club, has once again pulled out all the stops for a worthy cause.
Following on from his 14 races last year for Challenge Lydia, James has been pushing himself to reach new limits.
Last weekend he took on the 100k Race to the Stones event, which sees runners traverse the Ridgeway from the Chilterns in Oxfordshire to Avebury in Wiltshire.
James set off on his run just after 8am on Saturday, still getting over a recent bout of bronchitis, and reached Avebury 16 hours later at just after midnight on Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Challenge Lydia activities, raising money for the Wallace and Gromit Grand Appeal, have already raised £3,922 thanks to the generosity of people who are supporting James and his fellow fundraisers. Anyone wishing to donate can go to www.justgiving.com/challenge15lydia
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse