Ultra distance race for James
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club’s James Wotton took part in the 100k Race to the Stones event.
James Wotton, of Weston Athletic Club, has once again pulled out all the stops for a worthy cause.
Following on from his 14 races last year for Challenge Lydia, James has been pushing himself to reach new limits.
Last weekend he took on the 100k Race to the Stones event, which sees runners traverse the Ridgeway from the Chilterns in Oxfordshire to Avebury in Wiltshire.
James set off on his run just after 8am on Saturday, still getting over a recent bout of bronchitis, and reached Avebury 16 hours later at just after midnight on Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
Challenge Lydia activities, raising money for the Wallace and Gromit Grand Appeal, have already raised £3,922 thanks to the generosity of people who are supporting James and his fellow fundraisers. Anyone wishing to donate can go to www.justgiving.com/challenge15lydia
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences