Unanimous points decision
- Credit: Archant
Titans Boxing Club member Paul Neale lost on a unanimous points decision in his latest bout.
TITANS Boxing Club member Paul Neale was in action competing against J Sykes of Emerald Boxing Club in Bristol.
Neale went forwards for most of the contest against a skilled and tricky opponent, but could not quite get ahead and lost due to an unanimous points decision. Neale was the aggressor throughout and it was a crowd pleasing performance.
Steve Callaghan had his amateur debut on the same show against National Smelting Boxing Club’s Jay J Reynolds. Steve gave weight away against a strong looking opponent and had to dig deep to complete three hard fought rounds.
Callaghan made good use of his jab throughout and although losing on points, it was a challenging match.
You may also want to watch:
Both boxers did Titans proud with their performances. The club would like to thank John Cleary of Weston Boxing Club for the invite to their show.
Titans train at Burnham Area Youth Centre every Wednesday evening, with juniors training at the same place on Monday and Friday evenings.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences