Unbeaten Chard defeated by Weston
- Credit: Archant
Weston travelled to Chard and came away with the home’s unbeaten record.
WESTON travelled away to Chard in the Somerset Super League Darts looking to push up the table.
Currently sitting in fourth position, Weston had to overcome Chard who were unbeaten in the league.
Weston started well with George Turnbull (24.48) winning 3-0 with Paul Tyler on board two winning 3-1, swiftly followed by Martin Vanedgemeister also 3-1, but Weston’s early lead was soon wiped out as Chard stormed back, winning the next two games on both boards taking a 17-15 lead.
Weston dug in with a top performance from Ricky Harding hitting a 180 in his third leg and clocking out in 12 darts finishing with an impressive 30.47 average. Darrell Brown also stepped up to the mark with a well needed 3-0 victory (22.78) and the singles finished with Wayne Harding (20.31) winning 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors went into the pairs 24-21 up with all to play for. Weston lost the first 2-3 and 1-3 on board two taking it to level pegging. Turnbull and Tyler promptly turned it on winning 3-1 to regain the lead, but Weston lost 2-3 on board two.
Weston desperately needed a 3-0 win to seal the game which was promptly achieved with Dan Batchelor and Kevin Austen playing a good solid game of pairs, giving a narrow 36-34 win.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
Man of the match went jointly to Ricky Harding and George Turnbull. Next game is on February 16 at home in the 49 Club against the Wyndham Arms from Martock.