Unbeaten Chard defeated by Weston
- Credit: Archant
Weston travelled to Chard and came away with the home’s unbeaten record.
WESTON travelled away to Chard in the Somerset Super League Darts looking to push up the table.
Currently sitting in fourth position, Weston had to overcome Chard who were unbeaten in the league.
Weston started well with George Turnbull (24.48) winning 3-0 with Paul Tyler on board two winning 3-1, swiftly followed by Martin Vanedgemeister also 3-1, but Weston’s early lead was soon wiped out as Chard stormed back, winning the next two games on both boards taking a 17-15 lead.
Weston dug in with a top performance from Ricky Harding hitting a 180 in his third leg and clocking out in 12 darts finishing with an impressive 30.47 average. Darrell Brown also stepped up to the mark with a well needed 3-0 victory (22.78) and the singles finished with Wayne Harding (20.31) winning 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors went into the pairs 24-21 up with all to play for. Weston lost the first 2-3 and 1-3 on board two taking it to level pegging. Turnbull and Tyler promptly turned it on winning 3-1 to regain the lead, but Weston lost 2-3 on board two.
Weston desperately needed a 3-0 win to seal the game which was promptly achieved with Dan Batchelor and Kevin Austen playing a good solid game of pairs, giving a narrow 36-34 win.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
Man of the match went jointly to Ricky Harding and George Turnbull. Next game is on February 16 at home in the 49 Club against the Wyndham Arms from Martock.