Unbeaten weekend for Sam
Sam Stephens enjoyed a flawless weekend of racing in the first round of the Dunkeswell Kart Racing Club Championships.
THIRTEEN-year-old Sam Stephens had a flawless weekend’s racing in the first round of the Dunkeswell Kart Racing Club Championships.
Despite not having driven his kart for four months, the Worle School student was soon back on form and achieved some excellent lap times on the Saturday practice day.
On race day, Sam put in an excellent performance coming first in all three heats of the Minimax class, which enabled him to start in pole position in the final.
Sam got off to a flying start in the final leaving the pack behind him and showed tremendous driving skills to maintain a good lead throughout the race to finish first.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of winning all three qualifying heats and the final race, Sam has achieved maximum points in the championship which is a fantastic boost to his bid to win the Dunkeswell Championship in 2012, having been runner-up in 2011, Sam’s first season in competitive racing.
This is a wonderful start to the new season and Sam is grateful to his mechanic (dad), Team Traxxion and current support from Worle Autos, Barber Co. and Demon Tweeks.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
However, further sponsorship would be welcome to enable Sam to continue racing this season. All enquiries to email@example.com