Unbeaten Weston on track for promotion
Unbeaten Weston Squash Club second team are on track for promotion.
IN another confident display, every member of Weston Squash Club’s second team won their match without dropping a game against Whitchurch Imperial.
Emma Lane overcame a shaky start to record a convincing win, while Joe Radcliffe was untroubled by his opponent. Harvey Lane came across a more experienced player, but with youth on his side gave away little and Allan Milnes outran his opponent.
The team remain unbeaten this season and are on track for promotion in the new year.
Anybody interested in joining the club to play squash or racketball, should ring Rod Barnes on 07766 116203 or visit www.westonsquash.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
BATH University squash team welcomed Hutton Moor to their club and inflicted the visitors’ first team of the season.
Bath’s Mike Hamlin, Alex Bull and Ed Copstone all won their games 3-0 against Hutton’s Neil Stowe, Joe Parsons and Will Kennet respectively. There were wins for John Shobbrook against Fergus Ryan and Paul McLean against Rory Pearson.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 8 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 9 Weston College principal receives award on BBC television show
- 10 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
McLean remains the only player for Hutton who has played in all the matches and not lost a game. As well as losing the match other results in the division meant that Kingswood took top spot in Division 4, pushing Hutton into second place.
The next two games for Hutton are home and away against Kingswood.