Unified singles at ladies’ open tournament
A unified singles event will be introduced at this year’s Weston Ladies’ Open Bowls tournament.
THE Weston Ladies’ Open Bowls tournament breaks new ground this year with the introduction of a unified singles event in which men and women will compete against each other.
Deadline for entries to the tournament, which is sponsored by opticians Optika, is just a couple of weeks away, on June 22. The event, which will celebrate its diamond jubilee next year, is being played at Clarence Park from August 22-27.
Tournament registrar Paul Tubb said: “We thought that a unified singles would create a bit more interest in the ladies’ tournament. The format should make for some close matches.”
In addition to the two singles events, there will be ladies’ pairs and mixed pairs competitions, plus the ever-popular all-day triples on the first Sunday of the tournament and a gala fours on the Friday. Teams for the Sunday triples can comprise three ladies or any mixed combin- ation.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms can be downloaded from the tournament website, www.westonbowls tournament.org, or requested from The Registrar, Weston Open Bowling Tournaments, Clarence Bowling Club, Clarence Park, Weston-super-Mare BS23 4BN. Telephone enquiries to Paul Tubb 01934 812118 or David Stott 01934 625404.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 5 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats