United beaten in open game
Clevedon United 0 Shrewton United 5 - CLEVEDON were denied their fourth successive win in an open and attacking game where both sides had early chances to establish a lead.
Clevedon United 0
Shrewton United 5
CLEVEDON were denied their fourth successive win in an open and attacking game where both sides had early chances to establish a lead.
After 18 minutes a shot by Clevedon's Sam Clark struck the bar, but Shrewton took the lead after 28 minutes when Craig Lewis beat advancing keeper Ben Dancey.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon fought back and after 30 minutes Mark Armstrong found Sam Clark on the back post but he could not convert with his headed attempt. Craig Lewis crossed from the left on 37 minutes to find Jesse Walters to make it 2-0 to the visitors at the interval.
Five minutes into the second half Clevedon were three down when a defensive error led to Dean Foot scoring from close range. Shortly after a free kick to Shrewton was crossed into the Clevedon area and a rebound was again seized on by Foot for his second of the afternoon.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 4 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 8 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
Both sides continued to play attacking football but the ball would not bounce favourably for the home side and after 90 minutes with Clevedon still pressing hard Lee Meeks found himself in space to make the final score 5-0. A strong all round performance earned Jesse Walters the Gordano Carpets man of the match award.
Injury-hit Clevedon now have to prepare for their next encounter in round 2 of the Somerset Premier Cup against Bridgwater at the Hand Stadium on Wednesday, kick off 7.45pm.