Unpredictable fishing at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
Cold rain water made fishing at Shiplate Farm Fisheries unpredictable.
TWO of Bristol’s match groups Frys and PSV fished matches at Shiplate last weekend.
Fry’s fished the two canals, Hawthorns and Westpool, while PSV fished the main lake. After the prolonged influx of cold rain water recently, the results were going to be unpredictable.
Fry’s match group had the better weights of the day with Jason Bird on peg nine of the Hawthorns, fishing the pole down the margins using maggot for bait and lightly feeding maggot at the same time, ended with top weight of the day of 53lb 10oz.
PSV’s match on the main lake proved much harder. Matt Taynton on peg 13 caught 31lb 14oz of silvers to win the match.
You may also want to watch:
Fry’s results: Jason Bird (p9H), 53lb 10oz; Steve Howell (p12W), 46lb; Ray Cooper (15W), 33lb; Andy Curry (p5H), 33lb; Gordon Jones (p10W), 19lb.
PSV results: Matt Taynton (p13), 31lb 14oz; Alan Healey (p14), 28lb; Mark Radford (p1), 14lb 4oz. Silvers went to Adam Caswell (p3), 6lb 8oz.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course