Uphill awards evening
Uphill Castle Cricket Club held their end-of-season dinner at the Beachlands Hotel.
UPHILL Castle Cricket Club held their end-of-season dinner at the Beachlands Hotel.
After a three course meal attended by over 60 past and present players, members and guests, the annual awards were presented.
The first and new award of the night being Belcher’s baggies were presented by Andre Belcher to youth team players who made their first team debut during the 2012 season and went to Kieran Ward, Jake Llewellyn and George Chapman.
The remainder of the awards were presented by Somerset all-rounder Pete Trego and the award winners were as follows – 1st XI player of the year: Alex Winn; 2nd XI: Mark Hodder; 3rd XI: Martin Palmer; 4th XI: Mike Doe.
You may also want to watch:
Most improved young player was Kieran Ward and young player of the year was George Cox. Most catches went to Alex Winn and the Duck Award to James Holt.
The special award went to the volunteers of the 10/10 Big Bash which was presented to the main organiser Adrian Gardener, which helped raise valuable funds for the club in a season that was severely affected by rain.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
Clubwoman of the year went to Phyllis Ratlcliffe and clubman of the year to Jason P Belcher.