Uphill awards evening
Uphill Castle Cricket Club held their end-of-season dinner at the Beachlands Hotel.
UPHILL Castle Cricket Club held their end-of-season dinner at the Beachlands Hotel.
After a three course meal attended by over 60 past and present players, members and guests, the annual awards were presented.
The first and new award of the night being Belcher’s baggies were presented by Andre Belcher to youth team players who made their first team debut during the 2012 season and went to Kieran Ward, Jake Llewellyn and George Chapman.
The remainder of the awards were presented by Somerset all-rounder Pete Trego and the award winners were as follows – 1st XI player of the year: Alex Winn; 2nd XI: Mark Hodder; 3rd XI: Martin Palmer; 4th XI: Mike Doe.
You may also want to watch:
Most improved young player was Kieran Ward and young player of the year was George Cox. Most catches went to Alex Winn and the Duck Award to James Holt.
The special award went to the volunteers of the 10/10 Big Bash which was presented to the main organiser Adrian Gardener, which helped raise valuable funds for the club in a season that was severely affected by rain.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Clubwoman of the year went to Phyllis Ratlcliffe and clubman of the year to Jason P Belcher.