Uphill B team close to sealing promotion.
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club’s B team’s latest victory has all but sealed promotion to division one.
UPHILL Badminton Club’s B team played away to Wyvern B team and maintained a winning run, which all but seals promotion to division one.
Uphill played with Maureen Matthews from the C team and Luke Morgan from the D team playing up with great success. Luke played some excellent and impressive badminton in his debut in this division, winning all his rubbers in two games. The result was 8-1 to Uphill.
Uphill E team played away to Avonvale in a nail-biting match in which Avonvale took the honours in an close encounter winning 5-4.
The match got off to a even start with Avonvale winning the first mixed, before Ryan and Anna Collins hit back, winning in three games. In another tight rubber, Uphill’s Will Bennett and Georgia Wood lost in three games.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies’ doubles rubbers were all close, with Avonvale winning the first two before Uphill claimed the last one with Anna and Georgia winning.
The men’s doubles were even closer again with all all rubbers going to three games. Avonvale took the first one before Uphill hit back with Sam and Will and then Ryan and Will both winning.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
The last Under-18 match of the season was always going to be hard. St Ursula’s, once the home of county training, boast a number of Avon county players on their roster and fielded three in a four-a-side match.
Uphill’s side featured captain Rohan Weekes, Tom Miller, James Jeremiah and Ryan Collins. The match started with singles and with both Rohan and Tom winning, honours were shared at 2-2.
The first two rubbers of the doubles went to Uphill, with James and Tom turning around a first game loss to win 2-1. The score line was now 4-2 and this proved a decisive gap that St Ursula’s could not pull back.
The remaining rubbers were shared 2-2 to give a final score 6-4 to Uphill. Rohan maintained a clean sheet and Tom, on his debut, made an excellent start winning three of his rubbers.