Uphill Castle crowned league champions
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle Under-16s defeated Winscombe 6-1 to become Division 2 champions.
UPHILL Castle Under-16s were crowned Division 2 champions with this comfortable 6-1 win at Winscombe, making it 18 wins out of 18 in the league.
Uphill dominated from the start with midfielders Cam Frost and Jamie Borrett creating chances for Cam Milkins and Jack Edwards, who both scored to make it 2-0 at the break.
The second half began with Winscombe looking dangerous on the break, but Uphill’s defenders Harry Askins, Sam Calvert, Josh Thorne, Alex Loveridge and Will Hillman dealt comfortably with all their attacks.
Milkins hit the bar before he made it 3-0. Jordan Shepherd, Brad Hassells and Kyle Fowler were all playing well and they combined for the fourth goal which was scored by Calvert.
You may also want to watch:
Keeper Josh Skuse had to make an excellent save to deny a Winscombe striker a goal before Edwards made the score 5-0. Sam Andrews scored the final goal when he fired home a penalty and in the last minute Winscombe scored a consolation goal.
The Old Thatched Cottage player of the match was Cam Frost.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released