Uphill Castle fall 10 runs short
Uphill Castle fell 10 runs short in their midweek cricket league run chase against Parpagon Carriers.
In Division 2 of the Proper Job Weston Midweek League, the Parpagon Carriers scored 149-2 against Uphill Castle, thanks to 46 from Amin Anderson and 44 not out from Bilat Raja.
Andy Llewellyn continued his good form, scoring 53 in reply, but Raja took 3-28 as Uphill fell short by just 10 runs.
The Presidents’ decline in the second half of the season continued with a six-wicket defeat at Cleeve. Batting first, they struggled to 96-9 with Connor Hance taking 3-30 and T Carpenter 2-11. Hance then scored 26 and with help from G Lewin (33), guided his team home.
You may also want to watch:
W D Pts
Uphill Castle 4 1 169
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
Wedmore 6 0 159
Parpagon Carriers 4 1 152
Presidents 4 1 149
Cleeve Ducks 2 1 145
Cleeve 4 0 135