Uphill Castle finish the season on a high note
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle Reserves finished their successful season with a 7-1 victory over Berrow Reserves.
Uphill Castle Res 7
Berrow Res 1
Fresh off the back of success in the Charity Cup final, Martin Avery’s Uphill Castle Reserves side faced their final league game of the season against Berrow.
The home side started on the front foot and were 6-0 up in under half-an-hour. Captain Jack Riney opened the scoring and went on to complete a double, while Liam Clarke also weighed in with two goals, one of which was a volley from 30 yards. George Parslow added to the score and was joined on the score sheet by player-manager Avery with a stunning volley.
You may also want to watch:
Berrow pulled back a consolation from Sean Burke 10 minutes in to the second period. The visitors’ goal only served to re-invigore Uphill and Parslow netted the seventh with 15 minutes to go.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Vardon Cup final: Clapton-in-Gordano Res 2, St George (E-in-G) A 3.
Keyes Cup final: Congresbury A 3, Selkirk Utd 2.
Challenge Cup final: Churchill Club 70 Res 2, Portishead Caledonian Thistle 9.
Atwell Shield final: Cleeve West Town Res 1, Locking Park 1 (3-2 on pens).
Division 1: Winscombe Res 2, Weston Super Seagulls 0.
Division 2: Uphill Castle Res 7, Berrow Res 1; Westend 2, Yatton Athletic Res 2; Westend 1, KVFC 5.
Division 3: Churchill Club 70 Res 2, Portishead Caledonian Thistle 4.
Division 5: Wrington Redhill A 10, Wedmore Res 0; Clapton-in-Gordano A 3, Banwell A 2.