Uphill Castle earn first win in three games against Shapwick & Polden
- Credit: Josh Thomas
Uphill Castle returned to winning ways with a convincing eight-wicket victory against Shapwick & Polden seconds.
Collectively throughout the game the hosts bowled well, after losing the toss and being sent int othe field, as only the sixth-wicket partnership worth 52 paused the onslaught from a Castle side without George Cox.
Impressive figures from seamers George Fox (2-18 in nine overs) and Tom Elstone (3-18 in eight overs) saw the visitors bowled out for a modest 144.
Then came the Uphill chase and a threatening new-ball partnership was muted by George Chapman and Elstone, who shared 35 for the first wicket stand.
It was number three, and stand -n captain, Paddy Holyday, who enjoyed the end of the opening bowlers’ spells and ended on 13.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of Holyday’s cameo came the in-form Luke Bliss.
And it was he, and opener Elstone who led Castle to victory inside 30 overs. Elstone finishing on 54 not out, and Bliss a mesmerising 41 not out that featured three sixes.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 9 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
Uphill return to action on Saturday against Butleigh and, sitting two points behind Somerset League Premier Division leaders North Petherton, could move back into top spot with another win.