Uphill Castle seconds maintain unbeaten home run with 22-run against Ilton
- Credit: Josh Thomas
Uphill Castle seconds continued their 100 per cent home record with a well deserved victory against Ilton.
Winning the toss and electing to bat Uphill made steady progress with Mark Biggs making an excellent 45.
Much like the previous games Uphill failed to build a match winning partnership and lost wickets at regular intervals, but everyone contributed to a total of 194-8 from 40 overs.
Valuable runs from Tyler Frost (25) and Brad Patch (16 not out) gave the Uphill bowlers a total to defend.
But Ilton started their run chase positively and looked set to chase the target at 60-0 from 10 overs before a fiery spell of bowling from Frost took the crucial wicket of Damian Price (45).
You may also want to watch:
Frost then collected two further wickets before Biggs had Rich Gower caught at long on by Dave Wilcox.
The game then turned into a tense affair as Ilton looked to rotate the strike and get the five runs per over required.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
Tight bowling and excellent fielding from Uphill ramped up the pressure on the Ilton batsmen with the home side bowling them all out for 172.
Uphill travel to Taunton Deane in buoyant mood this Saturday after they picked up 34 points, moving them fourth in the table.