Uphill Castle thirds held to opening day draw with Temple Cloud seconds
- Credit: Josh Thomas
There was nothing to separate Uphill Castle thirds and Temple Cloud seconds as both sides had to settle for an opening day draw.
Uphill captain James Robinson won the toss and decided to bowl first but an early breakthrough proved elusive despite some tight bowling and after 20 overs Temple Cloud were well placed at 69-1.
With wickets in hand Temple Cloud accelerated the scoring and finished on 224-4, with Neve Kennedy (1- 31), Mark Patch (1-38), Robinson (1-39) and Tom Miller (1-34) the wicket takers.
In reply Uphill Castle lost Hallam Bickell without scoring and a heavy downpour followed and delayed play for more than an hour, hampering Uphill Castle's run chase.
With reduced overs to try and reach the target Castle opted to play for a draw and they achieved this, mainly thanks to a very watchful innings from man of the match Gareth Lloyd (44 not out).
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Loud (31) combined solid defensive play with some lusty blows as Castle ended up on 123-6.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 3 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 8 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife