Uphill Castle triumph in derby

Uphill Castle V Worle.

Uphill Castle V Worle. - Credit: Archant

Uphill Castle came out on top in the local derby against Worle.

Uphill Castle 3

Worle 1

UPHILL recorded a deserved victory in their third local derby in the last three games.

They dominated from the start with defenders Joe Boon, Lewis Smith, Jack Riney and David Long all playing well. Uphill took the lead when Matt Bebber beat the keeper with a low shot into the net.

You may also want to watch:

Midway through the half, Uphill’s midfield started to take control, with Ben Harris, Mike Deane, Sam Beresford and Jack Askins all playing well. Worle looked dangerous from set pieces but keeper Mark Rawlins dealt comfortably with any threat.

Uphill increased their lead when Bebber left a defender standing before firing home to make the half-time score 2-0.

Most Read

Early in the second half, Uphill conceded a soft penalty and a striker gave Rawlins no chance to halve the deficit. Uphill hit back almost immediately when Bebber completed his hat-trick when his corner ended up in the back of the net.

Rawlins was forced to make an excellent save and at the other end, Paul Wray was denied a goal by a fine save by the Worle keeper. With only minutes left Jordan Elliot had a header well saved following some good play by Adam Filer.

The Old Thatched Cottage player of the match was Matt Bebber.

Saltford 1

Wrington Redhill 2

DESPITE a below-par performance, Wrington managed to secure all three points in this away fixture at Saltford.

In a game of few chances, Wrington took the lead after 16 minutes following a Sam Johnson through ball which found Jake Murray and his cross was guided home by Joe Berry.

Saltford responded with a succession of well-rehearsed set pieces culminating in a fierce shot which was tipped over by keeper Mark Wilson. Wrington doubled their lead after 41 minutes when Berry’s cross was headed home by Neal Andow.

Saltford reduced the deficit in first-half added time following another set piece corner. The ball was not cleared and the cross eluded Wilson’s grasp and was poked home by Craig David.

The second half possession was virtually dominated by Wrington, restricting the home side to counter attacks. Saltford were saved by their keeper after a shot by Craig Burchill.

Wrington were unable to add to their lead, but clinically saw the game out until the final whistle.

Man of the match was Mike Wallington.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus