Uphill fall well short in their run chase
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle lost their latest league match at home to North Petherton.
UPHILL Castle were well beaten in their latest league match against North Petherton.
Batting first, the visitors were bowled out for 267 in 49 overs, with wickets falling to Markus Bail (4-59), Luke Bliss (4-45), Mitchell Fox (1-69) and Lewis Degelas (1-39).
In reply, the Castle could only muster 162 all out with Luke Bliss top scoring with 35. Other notable contributions came from George Cox (31), Andy Llewellyn (26), Chris Disney (15), Fox (10) and Tom Oultram (10 not out).
You may also want to watch:
J Pienaar c Fox b Bail 87
H Bowditch c Frost b Bail 32
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 5 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
D Tottle b Degelas 2
I Blackwell lbw Fox 37
O Irish c Chapman b Bliss 5
T Williams c Frost b Bliss 6
T Gibbs c Chapman b Bail 5
L Irish c Williams b Bail 4
L Irish not out 29
L Knight c Chapman b Bliss 35
A Bunce lbw Bliss 0
Bowling: G Cox 10-3-46-0; M Fox 9-0-69-1; L Degelas 10-0-39-1; M Bail 10-1-59-4; L Bliss 10-1-45-4.
M Bail b Irish 5
G Chapman b Knight 1
G Cox c Gibbs b Bunce 31
A Llewellyn lbw Blackwell 26
L Bliss c Irish b Pienaar 35
C Disney b Knight 15
M Fox lbw Pienaar 10
T Oultram not out 10
G Williams lbw Irish 5
S Frost c Bunce b Pienaar 7
L Degelas b Irish 0
THE seconds fell three runs short in their run chase at Curry Rivel.
Bowling first, Uphill restricted the hosts to 199-9, with wickets being shared between Pete Jobling (12-2-45-1), Sam Matthews (12-0-52-1), Tommy Llewellyn (7-1-30-3), Andy Leech (10-1-45-2) and Mark Patch (4-0-14-2).
After tea, Ian Tasker led the run chase with an excellent 84 and was backed up by Llewellyn (25), Ray Dibben (20), Dave Bickell (16), Connor Davidson (14) and Patch (10), but fell just three runs short at the end.