Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup
- Credit: Uphill Castle FC
Uphill Castle hit Yatton & Cleeve United for eight in the Somerset League cup.
After scraping past the same opponents a few weeks back with a late penalty this turned out to be a much better Uphill performance.
A good run and cross from Sam Beresford set up Nathaniel Groom for the opener before Jack Askins beat his man and fired in from the edge of the box to put the Castle 2-0 up.
A fiery first-half led to a sin bin for each side and a Sam Beresford goal ruled out.
Will Sneddon-Coombs put the hosts 3-0 up from the spot after Beresford was brought down and with the defence looking solid Uphill pushed on for more with Toby Yeates put clean through to make it 4-0.
You may also want to watch:
Beresford then got one himself, volleying in from a man of the match Dan Hartley set-piece to make it five, and Jack Askins made it 6-0 with a free-kick from just outside the box.
A corner routine saw Ben Harris play into Harry Askins who beat his man and fired across for Groom's second before a great finish from reserves forward Dan Thomas made it 8-0.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 4 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
Uphill secured themselves a place in the quarter-finals of the Somerset League Cup with a 3-1 win at Burnham United after goals from Groom, Luke Weeks and Ben Harris.