Uphill Junior Badminton Club hold end of season awards
- Credit: Uphill Junior Badminton Club/Mark Edwards
Uphill Junior Badminton Club ended last year with a delayed presentation of their end of season awards recently.
The first award from the session, which was supposed to take place in March 2021, was won by Emma Yang for the most improved under-10 girl, which was followed by Phoenix Harvey winning the award of the most improved under-10 boy.
In the under-13 category the most improved girl went to Eva Mamman, with the under-13 boy being Cameron Dormer.
The most improved girl in the whole club went to Ayshen Gumus, with the most improved boy going to Harry Mamman.
Sportsman of the year, which is the biggest trophy in the club, is usually given to a person who turns up regularly, has a good attitude and constantly helps out.
Clive Wood was the recipient for his continued good work with the club.
The junior club coaching sessions will resume this year on every Saturday at the Hans Price Academy, please find us the club on Facebook for more information..
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 5 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 6 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 7 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Fire crews tackle chimney blaze
- 10 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business