Uphill juniors well beaten by St Ursula’s
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club’s two junior sides were well beaten by St Ursula’s.
Uphill Badminton Club saw both of their junior teams in action, both away against St Ursula’s.
The Under-14 quartet of Dong Elliott, Alana and Zion travelled to Bristol in what turned out to be a thriller. The singles were an even affair. Dong and Elliott both winning, before St Ursulas then hit back to equalise.
The doubles could barely have been closer with only one of the 15 games having a game score of lower than 15-11. Dong and Elliott lost out 12-15, 13-15, before Alana and Zion went down 15-14, 13-15, 13-15.
St Ursula’s stretched further ahead as Dong and Alana lost 14-15, 12-15, before Elliott and Zion losing out 12-15, 14-15. Uphill hit back with Dong and Zion winning 15-14, 6-15, 15-14, before the closest rubber of the day saw Elliott and Alana lose a thriller 15-12, 11-15, 14-15.
You may also want to watch:
This left the score as a 7-3 victory for St Ursula’s, however in getting three games, Uphill get a losing bonus point.
The Uphill Under-18 team of Ryan Tom, Harry and Rhys had a tough day at the office against a strong St Ursula’s outfit.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace drug offender
- 9 Surgery's patient participation group disbanded
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
The singles was all one-way traffic with St Ursula’s winning all four rubbers in straight games. Uphill put up a good fight in their stronger suit, the doubles however.
Ryan and Tom went down in the one and two doubles (13-15, 12-15).
Uphill’s sole success came in the next with Harry and Rhys winning in three, with scores of 9-15, 15-14, 15-13. Ryan and Rhys managed to take their rubber to three, before losing 15-14, 11-15, 13-15 versus Rishi and Callum.
The other three doubles were lost in two games to complete a comprehensive 9-1 win for St Ursula’s.
Thanks go to Billy Fear for his team management on the day.