Uphill make their mark
Uphill Badminton Club travelled to Mark and won by seven rubbers to two.
UPHILL Badminton Club only had the D team in action this week.
Away to Mark, they won by seven rubbers to two. The team had Ellen Davis, Carl Harrison and Sourish Ganapathi unavailable, so Teresa Davison, Matt Potts and Tom Higgins came in to play with Emily Look, Caroline Higgins and Billy Fear.
The team quickly settled down and Teresa and Matt won the first mixed rubber, Emily and Tom won a hard fought second mixed and Caroline and Billy won the third mixed with ease.
The ladies’ rubbers were closer with Teresa and Emily working hard to win the first rubber, before Mark ladies’ fought back with Elaine Coward and Alison Kelly beating Teresa and Caroline. In the last ladies rubber Emily and Caroline worked hard in the first game before losing to Elaine Callaghan and Alison Kelly in two.
You may also want to watch:
The Uphill men then won all the men’s rubbers comfortably. The players to win all their rubbers were Matt, Tom and Billy from Uphill.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks