Uphill make their mark
Uphill Badminton Club travelled to Mark and won by seven rubbers to two.
UPHILL Badminton Club only had the D team in action this week.
Away to Mark, they won by seven rubbers to two. The team had Ellen Davis, Carl Harrison and Sourish Ganapathi unavailable, so Teresa Davison, Matt Potts and Tom Higgins came in to play with Emily Look, Caroline Higgins and Billy Fear.
The team quickly settled down and Teresa and Matt won the first mixed rubber, Emily and Tom won a hard fought second mixed and Caroline and Billy won the third mixed with ease.
The ladies’ rubbers were closer with Teresa and Emily working hard to win the first rubber, before Mark ladies’ fought back with Elaine Coward and Alison Kelly beating Teresa and Caroline. In the last ladies rubber Emily and Caroline worked hard in the first game before losing to Elaine Callaghan and Alison Kelly in two.
You may also want to watch:
The Uphill men then won all the men’s rubbers comfortably. The players to win all their rubbers were Matt, Tom and Billy from Uphill.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street