Uphill men win one and lose one
Uphill Badminton Club’s men’s B team won one game and lost one in the league.
UPHILL Badminton Clubs men’s B team played two league matches, winning one and losing the other.
The first match was at home to Wells City B and Uphill won by six rubbers to nil.
The first pairing of Bill Ponting and Tony Wilshere-Day got off to a convincing start and the second rubber saw Keith Higgins and James Clapham also overpower their opponents.
Bill Ponting and Keith Higgins won their rubber in a contest that went to three games winning. Tony and James followed this by winning convincingly in two. The final two rubbers of the match showed Uphill’s strength with Bill and James in two, as did Keith and Tony to keep up their unbeaten partnership this season.
You may also want to watch:
The second match was at home against Mark A and with captain Bill Ponting missing, Uphill lost 5-1. The team was Keith Higgins, James Clapham, Nigel Judge and Tony Wilshere-Day.
Mark won the first three rubbers convincingly in straight games. The fourth rubber between James and Tony and Kevin Walke and Mathew Emerson was close with the Mark pair winning in three.
- 1 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 2 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 3 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 4 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 5 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 6 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 9 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
The next rubber also went to three games before Keith abd Tony lost their unbeaten record to Dan Dearden and Mathew. Mark conceded the final rubber as Walke was injured.
This friendly club welcomes new members and organises a variety of social events throughout the year. Anyone interested in joining the club should visit the website (www.uphillbadminton.co.uk), or phone Paul Edwards on 07866 946422.