Uphill men win one and lose one
Uphill Badminton Club’s men’s B team won one game and lost one in the league.
UPHILL Badminton Clubs men’s B team played two league matches, winning one and losing the other.
The first match was at home to Wells City B and Uphill won by six rubbers to nil.
The first pairing of Bill Ponting and Tony Wilshere-Day got off to a convincing start and the second rubber saw Keith Higgins and James Clapham also overpower their opponents.
Bill Ponting and Keith Higgins won their rubber in a contest that went to three games winning. Tony and James followed this by winning convincingly in two. The final two rubbers of the match showed Uphill’s strength with Bill and James in two, as did Keith and Tony to keep up their unbeaten partnership this season.
The second match was at home against Mark A and with captain Bill Ponting missing, Uphill lost 5-1. The team was Keith Higgins, James Clapham, Nigel Judge and Tony Wilshere-Day.
Mark won the first three rubbers convincingly in straight games. The fourth rubber between James and Tony and Kevin Walke and Mathew Emerson was close with the Mark pair winning in three.
- 1 Council urges North Somerset to follow Omicron rules
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 4 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Sovereign Centre boss crowned manager of the year
The next rubber also went to three games before Keith abd Tony lost their unbeaten record to Dan Dearden and Mathew. Mark conceded the final rubber as Walke was injured.
This friendly club welcomes new members and organises a variety of social events throughout the year. Anyone interested in joining the club should visit the website (www.uphillbadminton.co.uk), or phone Paul Edwards on 07866 946422.