Uphill move clear at the top
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club’s A team are on course to retain their Division 1 league title.
UPHILL Badminton Club only had one team in league action last week, with the A team away to Clevedon Feathers B.
The team of Ellie Jewell, Paul Edwards, Christy Langford, Matt Cole, Becky Halfpenny and captain Mark Edwards all played well and ran out winners by nine rubbers to nil.
Despite the scoreline, this was a competitive match in which Uphill were made to work hard for their victory.
The only rubber of the night to go to three games was the second mixed in which captain Olly Powers with partner Emma Bailey made Christy and Matt fight for every point before the Uphill pair ran out winners 25-23, 19-21, 21-17.
You may also want to watch:
Special mention should go to Emma Bailey of Clevedon who looks a good prospect and is sure to cause many teams problems.
At the halfway stage of the season, Uphill A have amassed 51 points out of a possible 55 from their five games, and are nine points clear of closest rivals Clevedon Feathers A and looking well set in pursuit of their 10th consecutive Division 1 league title.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown