Uphill overcome Avon development squad
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Badminton Club enjoyed a summer friendly match against the Avon development squad.
With the new season fast approaching, an Uphill side of Paul Edwards Matt Cole Mark Edwards Callum Grayson and Robin Curry hosted a five-a-side men’s match against the Avon development squad.
The format was everyone playing each other in a best of two rubbers, making a match total out of 20 games.
Uphill got off to a strong start and at the halfway stage had stormed into an 8-2 lead. The highlight of which saw a marathon 28-26 win in one game for Paul and Robin over Fiach and Rohan.
The Avon side fought back well in the second half of the evening and with five of the last 10 games having a score of 19 or more, the final score read Uphill 12, Avon 8.
You may also want to watch:
Paul and Callum had the best statistics of the night winning six of their eight games each.
Thanks go to Will Mellersh for sending a team down and the club look forward to a second match as part of the team’s pre-season preparations later in the month.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 10 Grant to provide accommodation for rough sleepers in North Somerset
Uphill senior club always welcome new members and have both a beginners section and main club for players of club standard.
The junior club restarts on September 10t and again always welcome new members from four to18 years.
For further information, please visit www.uphillbadminton.co.uk Facebook page, or contact the club via email at email@example.com