Uphill seal championship on final day of the season
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle sealed the Somerset League Division Two West title with a 4-0 victory at Banwell.
Uphill Castle 4
After sealing promotion at Nailsea United in their penultimate fixture, Uphill Castle went on to add the Somerset League Division Two West crown from their final game of the season at Banwell.
Paul Wray settled nerves amongst a large and vociferous travelling support with a stunning opener from a Sydney Camper cross on 21 minutes and Jack Askins put the visitors firmly in control just after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Askins’s second and the Castle’s third effectively put an end to any Banwell hopes of a comeback, with Samuel Beresford putting the icing on the cake with the fourth late on.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match