Uphill seconds put up a spirited performance
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle 2nd XI gave a spirited performance in their six-wicket defeat at home to Street.
UPHILL Castle 2nd XI entertained Street and despite missing several regulars, gave a spirited performance.
Castle elected to bat first and got off to a poor start, but Tom Oultram (43) and Andy Llewellyn (34) put 82 for the third wicket and at 100-2 looked comfortable.
But both batsman got out quickly and Castle slumped to 127-8, before Rob Newman (18 not out) and James Holt (16 not out), took the final score up to 157-8.
Street got off to a steady start and although always behind the run rate had wickets in hand. Pete Jobling bowled his 12 overs and took 1-18. George Chapman (1-34) and Llewellyn (2-28) also got wickets, but Street reached their target in the 43rd over for the loss of four wickets, resulting in a six wicket defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Autosmart man of match was Tom Oultram.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Weston BID column: Walker & Ling owner Sam Walker