Uphill seconds put up a spirited performance
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle 2nd XI gave a spirited performance in their six-wicket defeat at home to Street.
UPHILL Castle 2nd XI entertained Street and despite missing several regulars, gave a spirited performance.
Castle elected to bat first and got off to a poor start, but Tom Oultram (43) and Andy Llewellyn (34) put 82 for the third wicket and at 100-2 looked comfortable.
But both batsman got out quickly and Castle slumped to 127-8, before Rob Newman (18 not out) and James Holt (16 not out), took the final score up to 157-8.
Street got off to a steady start and although always behind the run rate had wickets in hand. Pete Jobling bowled his 12 overs and took 1-18. George Chapman (1-34) and Llewellyn (2-28) also got wickets, but Street reached their target in the 43rd over for the loss of four wickets, resulting in a six wicket defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Autosmart man of match was Tom Oultram.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'