Uphill slide to defeat at home
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle went down by four wickets at home to North Perrott.
UPHILL Castle hosted North Perrott on a wet Saturday, but suffered defeat by four wickets.
Winning the toss Uphill decided to bat and this was proving to be a good decision from captain Luke Bliss. Dave Millard (30) and Seb Winn (39) put on a convincing first wicket stand and made the Perrott bowlers work hard for any chances.
When Winn fell, Krish Kumar’s stay was short and Uphill offered little resistance through the middle order, apart from Bliss, who scored a fine 52, and with the help of Chapman (25) and Cox (14) at the end, got Uphill to a respectable 200.
Uphill opened the bowling with seamer Cox (10-1-42-2) and spinner Bail (10-4-20-0), who both bowled with great control.
You may also want to watch:
A few close decisions seemed to go against Uphill before two dropped catches off Cox gave Perrott more opportunities. Mitch Fox (10-1-41-0) was introduced with arguably his best bowling display of the season, but also failed to take a wicket.
Kieran Ward (5-0-26-0) and Kumar found the going tough, but Kumar picked up two wickets to give Uphill a chance of victory.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 3 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Cox was reintroduced and took two wickets and this alongside Millard’s (4-0-12-1) wicket, gave Uphill hope of a close finish. Chapman was introduced with only 15 runs needed and they found it easy pickings at this stage as they ran out winners by four wickets.
D Millard lbw Johnson 30
S Winn b Marshall-James 39
K Kumar lbw Johnson 15
G Williams lbw Johnson 4
L Bliss not out 52
M Fox b Marshall-James 7
T Oultram b Marshall-James 0
M Bail lbw Johnson 0
G Chapman lbw Eckland 25
K Ward c Ireland b Whorlow 2
G Cox c Symes b Eckland 14
G Whorlow c Williams b Kumar 34
A Eckland c Millard b Cox 41
C Jones run out 1
B Johnson not out 61
J Symes c Winn b Cox 5
G Johnson lbw Millard 8
J Marshall-James lbw Kumar 0
J England not out 16
Total (6 wkts) 202
Bowling: G Cox 10-1-42-2; M Bail 10-4-20-0; M Fox 10-1-41-0; K Ward 5-0-26-0; K Kumar 6-0-36-2; D Millard 4-0-12-1; G Chapman 0.5-0-15-0.