Uphill take the honours against Trident
- Credit: Archant
Uphill defeated Trident from Kent in the fifth encounter between the two teams.
THE fifth encounter of the ongoing Uphill versus Trident (Kent) series was won by Uphill.
With both teams missing their number one man, the two teams still served up a wonderful display of badminton. With a 16-rubber format consisting of eight mixed, four ladies’ and four men’s, there was a feast of badminton on show.
After the opening exchanges, the first six rubbers were shared. The highlight of which being the second mixed where Jack and Sarah edged a quality three setter against Matt and Christy 20-22, 21-17, 21-14.
It was the next round of games where Uphill edged ahead, taking a 6-3 lead. This included the showpiece rubber of the day in the first men’s with Will and Matt defeating Patrick and Jack 21-10, 17-21, 21-19.
You may also want to watch:
Uphill took the next two men’s in two games, with Jamie partnering Mark to defeat Bullet and Kevin, and Jamie and Matt winning 21-19, 21-16 against Jack and Kevin.
The ladies were shared two each all in straight games, with Ellie and Christy defeating Catherine and Kerry, before Kerry and Sarah hit back to take Becky and Heather.
- 1 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
The Trident pair of Catherine and Kerry beat Ellie and Becky 22-20, 21-16 before Uphill took the last with Sarah and Kerry losing 21-16, 21-16 versus Christy and Heather.
With the match now standing at 9-6 in Uphill’s favour the destination of the trophy was confirmed.
This didn’t stop the match being rounded off in fine style with a mixed rubber with Matt and Ellie topping the day off defeating Patrick and Sarah/Catherine 21-16, 17-21, 21-17.
This left Uphill 10-6 winners on the day to conclude another most enjoyable contest between the two sides. The next encounter in the series is scheduled for May 2016.