Uphill youngsters beaten by Congresbury
- Credit: Archant
Congresbury Under-13s passed Uphill Castle’s total in the 18th over.
UPHILL Castle Under-13s batted first against Congresbury and were bowled out for 105.
Uphill started positively scoring 14 off 2.4 overs before opener Joe Statham was bowled by Cam Harding. Matthew Ogborne and captain Tom Llewellyn took the score to 50 after seven overs before Ogborne was caught.
Llewellyn was next out for an excellent 48 off only 30 balls. Aaron Hoddinott and Archit Singal added a crucial 31-run partnership before Singal was stumped for 11. In the next over Hoddinott was bowled for 17. This signalled a collapse as Uphill were bowled out in the 16th over.
Wickets for Matthew Davis (2-0-4-1) and Statham (4-0-20-2) left the match evenly balanced at just over the half way stage of the Congresbury innings. Eyres and Anderson adding a quick 28-run before Eyres (15) was bowled by Jonny Hale (3-0-10-1).
You may also want to watch:
At 17 overs, Uphill were in front, but Cam Harding (25) and Anderson (10) saw their team to 110-5 and victory in 18.4 overs.
The win for Congresbury means that they have overtaken Uphill Castle in the Four Fifty partnership North Somerset Youth Cricket League.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown