Vanessa is Cheddar Tennis Club’s most improved junior
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Tennis Club member Vanessa Brill has been voted the club’s most improved junior player for 2014.
VANESSA Brill, aged 17, has been voted Cheddar Tennis Club’s most improved junior player for 2014.
Vanessa, who is studying for A-Levels at Kings of Wessex Academy, has been one of the club’s star juniors for several years, but 2014 was particularly good for her.
At the club, she was a key member of the ladies’ A team which won the North Somerset League, she reached the semi-finals of the Under-18 county singles at Taunton and she has become a regular member of the Somerset county ladies’ team.
Although Vanessa now trains with the county squad, her love for the game grew at Cheddar, where she spent most of her time as a younger teenager.
You may also want to watch:
In presenting the trophy, club chair Jennie Colton congratulated her on the award and paid tribute to the hard work and commitment she had shown to improving her tennis over many years.
The club’s regular tennis coaching courses are restarting after the Christmas break under new head coach Stephen Pearce.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Mini red sessions on Fridays will be indoors at Cheddar First School, with all other sessions at the club as usual. Stephen is also starting cardio tennis on Wednesday evenings - 6.30pm for juniors and 7.30pm for adults. This combines a fun fitness work out with tennis skills.
There is also a new Tennis Xpress course at 8.30pm on Wednesdays for adult beginners and improvers wanting to pick up skills quickly.
For more information call Stephen Pearce on 07904 061301 or visit www.cheddartennisclub.co.uk