Vangelis wins heavyweight southern area title
Weston boxer Vangelis Antonio has won the
VANGELIS Antonio from Weston has won the WCA heavyweight southern area boxing title at the Hells Gate Boxing Show in Chippenham.
He fought the talented James Lawrence of the local club in front of a sell-out crowd and won by a unanimous decision, despite his opponent having the height and weight advantage.
Vangelis trains at Pro K, Bristol, and is coached by David Clatworthy and Ross Chick. Vangelis has received great support in sparring, drills, conditioning and an opponent specific strategy from both coaches in preparation for the fight.
Pro K had 5 fighters on the bill, all of which delivered a skilful display of boxing and represented the club well. Vangelis is set to fight for a WRSA title in Knowle, Bristol, on December 6.
You may also want to watch:
Pro K hold classes at Sea Mills Community Centre, Bristol, every Wednesday. Junior kickboxing class (age 6 years plus) are held between 5.30-6.30pm and adults between 6.45-8pm.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved