Vangelis wins heavyweight southern area title
Weston boxer Vangelis Antonio has won the
VANGELIS Antonio from Weston has won the WCA heavyweight southern area boxing title at the Hells Gate Boxing Show in Chippenham.
He fought the talented James Lawrence of the local club in front of a sell-out crowd and won by a unanimous decision, despite his opponent having the height and weight advantage.
Vangelis trains at Pro K, Bristol, and is coached by David Clatworthy and Ross Chick. Vangelis has received great support in sparring, drills, conditioning and an opponent specific strategy from both coaches in preparation for the fight.
Pro K had 5 fighters on the bill, all of which delivered a skilful display of boxing and represented the club well. Vangelis is set to fight for a WRSA title in Knowle, Bristol, on December 6.
You may also want to watch:
Pro K hold classes at Sea Mills Community Centre, Bristol, every Wednesday. Junior kickboxing class (age 6 years plus) are held between 5.30-6.30pm and adults between 6.45-8pm.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street