Vikings defeat the Crusaders
- Credit: Archant
Priory Vikings Under-11s enjoyed a deserved victory over Weston Crusaders Colts.
PRIORY Vikings Under-11s deserved their victory over Weston Crusaders Colts with an excellent second half performance that denied Colts any opportunities.
Colts began well and looked threatening with Charlie Harris, Ruben Cumberbatch and Cameron Morgan-Roberts all linking well. Daniel Hall held the ball well in midfield, but it was the defences that held the upper hand.
The breakthrough was a little unfortunate for Colts. A poor clearance fell to Henry Meakin, whose cross looped over keeper Callum Plaistow with 20 minutes gone.
The second half was dominated by Vikings, but keeper Plaistow and defenders Finnley Greenwood, Corey Campbell had fine games, with CJ playing well in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal was a fine strike from distance by Jack Hutchings and soon after the third arrived when a Colts defender slid in front of Plaistow to divert a Jack Hutchings cross into the net. Vikings even managed to miss a penalty.
Colts’ man of the match was Morgan-Roberts. Vikings: Hutchings.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront