Vikings defeat the Crusaders
- Credit: Archant
Priory Vikings Under-11s enjoyed a deserved victory over Weston Crusaders Colts.
PRIORY Vikings Under-11s deserved their victory over Weston Crusaders Colts with an excellent second half performance that denied Colts any opportunities.
Colts began well and looked threatening with Charlie Harris, Ruben Cumberbatch and Cameron Morgan-Roberts all linking well. Daniel Hall held the ball well in midfield, but it was the defences that held the upper hand.
The breakthrough was a little unfortunate for Colts. A poor clearance fell to Henry Meakin, whose cross looped over keeper Callum Plaistow with 20 minutes gone.
The second half was dominated by Vikings, but keeper Plaistow and defenders Finnley Greenwood, Corey Campbell had fine games, with CJ playing well in midfield.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal was a fine strike from distance by Jack Hutchings and soon after the third arrived when a Colts defender slid in front of Plaistow to divert a Jack Hutchings cross into the net. Vikings even managed to miss a penalty.
Colts’ man of the match was Morgan-Roberts. Vikings: Hutchings.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait