Vikings finish with victory
Priory Vikings Under-11s ended their season with a 5-1 victory against Gordano.
PRIORY Vikings Under-11s played some great football in their last game against Gordano.
Nathan Langdon’s work on the wing allowed Priory a number of shots on goal. Josh Edwards, Darren Williams, Will Durston and Huw Pearse defended well and soon Priory took the lead when Arran Saddler scored.
Langdon’s cross found Ayden Chenoworth, who buried the ball in the net. Gordano scored just before Ronnie Allen put Priory 3-1 up.
The second half saw Priory take full control of the game and great work in midfield by Bradley Lucas won Priory a corner that was volleyed home by Allen. George Harris-Aucott’s had a good shot saved, before Saddler got his second and Priory won 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks go to managers Kev and Jas for a successful season.
WESTON Crusaders Under-11s travelled to Swiss Valley Rangers for their final game of the season.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
On a windy day and down to the bare minimum of players, Crusaders came away victorious. The first half action saw Crusaders playing against the wind, but Daniel Bugg scored to put Crusaders 1-0 up, before Swiss managed to equalise before half-time.
After the break, Crusaders managed more goals from Ty Jamieson, Jaylan Bacon and Daniel Ferguson and with an own goal from Crusaders, the final score was 4-2.
BANWELL Junior Football Club will be hosting their annual tournament on the June 2/3 for the following age groups.
On June 2, the age groups playing will be Under-8s, 10s, 12s and 14s. The following day will see the Under-9s, 11s, 13 and 15s in action.
All teams must be FA affiliated and there will be trophies for all winners and runners-up in each age group. The Under-8s will be a fun, non-competitive tournament and there will be medals for all participants.
If you would like to enter your team, please contact: Dan on 07540 418057 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Jackie on 07940 987682 or e-mail: email@example.com
SKF (UK) Limited has organised another Under-18s football tournament, which will take place at Weston Football Club on Saturday.
The tournament is called Meet The World, because the grand prize is an all-expenses paid trip to Sweden to represent the UK in the international Gothia Cup tournament.
This year’s tournament will see six seven-a-side teams battle it out over a series of 20-minute matches.
Meet The World takes place between 11.30am and 5pm at Weston AFC, Woodspring Stadium, Winterstoke Road, Weston.