Vinny earns more LTA points
Vinny Duddy, head coach at Avenue Tennis Club in Burnham, earns more points for LTA licence.
AVENUE Tennis Club head coach Vinny Duddy attended the RPT Spanish drills course in Liverpool to obtain more professional development points for his LTA licence.
Duddy said the LTA require their coaches obtain 18 points a year to maintain their licence which means at least three professional development day-long courses.
He said that there were still places available on the last week of the club’s junior tennis camp which runs from 9am-4pm daily from August 22-26. Forms can be downloaded via the website or from the clubhouse.
The club will be running its annual open adult competiion between August 10-14, where competitors will try to win prize money sponsored by the club and Haven Burnham Holiday Park.
You may also want to watch:
The following week (August 15-21) will see the 93rd Burnham Junior Open tournament. The LTA Grade 3 competition is sponsored by the club and Intersport Tony Pryce.
Details of the events and tennis coaching courses held at the Avenue Tennis Club can be obtained from the office 01278 782758 or from the club website www.avenuetennis.com
- 1 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Children as young as 11 being targeted by sexual predators, police warn