Vipers no match for new boys N&B Tigers
New team N&B Tigers mauled last season’s runners-up C&C Vipers in the Weston & District Table Tennis League.
WESTON & District Table Tennis League’s new boys, N&B Tigers, whitewashed last season’s runners-up C&C Vipers.
Man of the match Rick White was unbeaten, while Robin Woodward came closest to grabbing a point for Vipers when he lost narrowly to Mike Cox in an exciting five-set match.
Vipers’ Jack Brent tested league chairman Dave Grounsell’s experience, with Dave finally winning 13-11, 11-8, 7-11, 11-7.
Man of the match Jason King was well supported by colleague Phil Orchard when Totterdown C beat Winscombe Renagades 7.3.
You may also want to watch:
Renegades Trevor Jones won a ding-dong battle with Garry Chell 9-11, 14-12, 11-8, 8-11, 11-9.
Champions C&C Pythons were untroubled by two-player Totterdown Flamingos, for whom Tony Sawyer registered the only win with victory over Kiem Mu.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
N&B Tigers 8-2 victory over Winscombe Rebels was tighter than the score suggested, with five matches going to five games, unfortunately the Rebels lost them all.
Tigers’ man of the match Mark Ratajczak was undefeated, while Dave Hunt (Rebels) was the unluckiest player, losing all his matches in the fifth game.
Steve Charlton (Tigers) managed to squeeze past Rob Hansen in the closest match of the night 11-9, 12-10, 4-11, 10-12, 11-9.
In Division 2, there was a warm welcome for Hans Price Academy. Their match against two-player C&C Banwell was friendly, but resulted in a 9-21 loss.
Banwell’s Alessio Napolitano was the best player on the night, with Sam Walsh doing well for the Academy.
Totterdown A and Winscombe Warriors enjoyed an exciting match as it was all square going into the doubles, but a 3-2 victory to Margaret and Dave Parker gave the Warriors overall victory 19-18.
The best individual match was Dave Parker (man of the match) versus Trevor Williams, with Dave eventually winning 12-10, 12-14, 11-6, 14-12.
Strangest match of the night was the 11-3, 3-11, 11-3, 11-3 victory by George Evans over Margaret Parker.
There was another great match was between Trevor Williams and Catherine Smith, where Trevor triumphed in the fourth game 19-17, only to lose in the fifth 11-5.
The match between N&B Pumas and Worlebury Golf Club was dominated by Luke Smith and Abid Khan of Pumas, who were both undefeated.
Juniors Izzy Khan (Pumas) and Max Bretherton (Golf Club) had a see-saw battle,with victory to Max in the fifth.
The doubles between Luke Smith/Izzy Khan and Adrian Hurrell/John Ratajczak was a tight match with Worlebury eventually winning in five as the match ended 25-9 to the Pumas.