Visitors prove too strong for Belvedere
- Credit: Archant
Belvedere were beaten at home by five wickets against visitors Kilve.
BELVEDERE hosted Kilve on a hot afternoon on a dry wicket at Priory School.
Belvedere were asked to bat first and were given a sound start by the upper order with Kev Crockett (41), Sam Neate (29), CJ Neate (22), Mike Hosey (15) and Brad Ashfield (13) all looking in form.
Late order defiance from Jack Neville (15) and Nil Chatterjee (18) helped Belvedere to 199 all out.
On a wicket giving help to the bowlers, Belvedere opened up with the pace of Ashfield and the spin of Chatterjee, who both bowled well as Kilve struggled to gain any momentum.
You may also want to watch:
They did however, play patiently throughout their innings, always keeping wickets in hand and were able to reach their target in the 44th over with five wickets down.
Pick of the bowlers were Ashfield (12-3-37-1), Eurocams man of the match Chatterjee (12-1-35-1) and Davis (7.3-0-31-2).
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait