Visitors prove too strong for Belvedere
- Credit: Archant
Belvedere were beaten at home by five wickets against visitors Kilve.
BELVEDERE hosted Kilve on a hot afternoon on a dry wicket at Priory School.
Belvedere were asked to bat first and were given a sound start by the upper order with Kev Crockett (41), Sam Neate (29), CJ Neate (22), Mike Hosey (15) and Brad Ashfield (13) all looking in form.
Late order defiance from Jack Neville (15) and Nil Chatterjee (18) helped Belvedere to 199 all out.
On a wicket giving help to the bowlers, Belvedere opened up with the pace of Ashfield and the spin of Chatterjee, who both bowled well as Kilve struggled to gain any momentum.
You may also want to watch:
They did however, play patiently throughout their innings, always keeping wickets in hand and were able to reach their target in the 44th over with five wickets down.
Pick of the bowlers were Ashfield (12-3-37-1), Eurocams man of the match Chatterjee (12-1-35-1) and Davis (7.3-0-31-2).
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront