Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- Credit: Mark Atherton
Former Weston loanee James Waite has announced he is leaving Cardiff City when his contact expires next month.
After one appearance in the Carabao Cup for the Bluebirds, in a 3-0 defeat to Luton Town in August 2019, Waite was loaned to The Seagulls and captured the hearts of the fans in two loan spells last season and this most recent campaign.
The two-time capped Wales under-21 international bagged 19 goals, including three hat-tricks, and six assists in his 30 appearances with the club before being recalled for a second time in January.
After arriving back at the Bluebirds and playing a handful of games with the under-23s, Waite was loaned to League of Ireland Premier Division side Waterford, where he made nine appearances.
“From the age of seven this club has been my home and I'm very grateful for that,” he told his followers on Instagram.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to thank everyone associated with the club for helping to develop and mould me into the player and person I am today.
"And thank you to all my teammates over the years. I’ve met many great people and I wish everyone and the club all the success in the future. I’m now looking forward to my next chapter.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston