Weston re-sign forward Waite on season-long loan from Cardiff City
- Credit: Archant
Weston have re-signed James Waite on a season-long loan from Championship side Cardiff City.
“James was fantastic for us last season and it’s like he’s never been away,” said manager Scott Bartlett.
“He scored a lot of goals and his work ethic is second to none. It’s no secret we have been looking for another forward player and to get one of James’ quality is a real bonus.
“I didn’t think we would be able to get him back because he did so well last time but it’s worked out well for us.
“We thought he would go elsewhere, a lot higher up the football pyramid into league football but it wasn’t to be and he was desperate to come back.
You may also want to watch:
“He had other options but the way we look after our loan players meant we were always in with a chance.
“We are delighted to have him and thank Cardiff for allowing it to happen.”
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 7 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
Waite becomes Weston’s sixth signing of the summer and the Wales under-21 international, who made his debut at Bosnia and Herzegovina at the start of the month, says he is looking forward to being with the club again.
“I’m delighted to be back here for the second time following my loan here last season,” he added.
“The way I was treated here and the quality of the squad made me eager to push for this loan and return to Weston.
“I can’t wait to get back out there playing and enjoying my football again. I’m ready to hit the ground running”.