Wallace edged out in national final
- Credit: Archant
Weston Boxing Club member Wallace Attwell lost in the national schoolboy finals held in Huddersfield.
WALLACE Attwell, aged 13, of Congresbury, travelled to Huddersfield Sports Centre to box in the national schoolboy finals.
Wallace faced the 2013 national champion Adam Smith of Capitol ABC, Coventry, who was a powerful young man. Wallace tried slipping and counter-punching, but Smith walked through everything.
Midway through the contest, Wallace changed tact and squared up to his opponent, but Smith was just too strong. Wallace return to his counter-punching style, catching Smith with some single clean punches, but Smith went on to become the Under-68kg national schoolboy champion.
Weston Warriors ABC and Weston ABC hold their annual boxing tournament at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on May 17, with 19 boxers competing from the two clubs.
You may also want to watch:
Also helping to support this event is Call on Security Ltd, who will be bringing English professional middleweight champion Danny Butler as a special guest.
Ringside tables are £160, with seating for eight. For bookings or further details, contact John on 07786 371164.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released