Wallace gains revenge at Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Weston boxer Wallace Atwell gained revenge when he beat Barnstaple lad Mitchell Turner.
WESTON Boxing Club member Wallace Attwell graced the canvas at Barnstaple, looking to avenge a defeat against local lad Mitchell Turner.
Thirteen-year-old Atwell set out his stall from the opening bell, leaving nothing to chance and was never in trouble. The final decision was never in doubt as Atwell’s hand was raised successfully at the end.
Terry Price travelled up to Redditch for the semi-final of the Schools Box Cup to take on Evesham’s Joey Johnson.
Both boxers were keen to make the final and from the start, it was a tight contest all the way through to the final bell. Unfortunately, it did not go in 12-year-old Price’s favour.
You may also want to watch:
Scotty Davey also had a semi-final contest at Redditch in the Schools Box Cup. He faced one of the countries brightest young talents in Jacob Dickerson of Birtley.
Scotty, aged 13, put up a gallant effort, but it was a step too far, as Dickerson progressed to the final.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Red Mahon, aged 14, of Weston ABC had reached the final in his category, but had to miss out due to damaging his hand earlier in the week.
Weston ABC will return to Redditch on Saturday for the Class A 50-52 category final with Saileyboy Price, who will face Daniel Burridge of High Wycombe. The following week, Coral Forde will bring the season to a close when she travels to Wales.