Wallice records third victory in three weeks
Weston Boxing Club member Wallice Attwell recorded his third victory in three weeks.
WALLICE Attwell, aged 14, was back in action for Weston Boxing Club, his third contest in as many weeks.
This time he was at the Westland Leisure & Conference Centre, Yeovil. His opponent was Owen Penny of Shepton Mallet, which was their third meeting, each winning once.
From the first bell, Penny threw everything at Wallice, but quick feet and fast hand counters enabled Wallice to edge the first. Penny came out hard at the start of the second, but again Wallice had an answer for everything thrown at him and began to stretch his lead.
The third was dominated by Wallice, catching Penny on the turn with some big punches, and he was announced the unanimous winner.
You may also want to watch:
Another boxer who has been as busy as Wallice is Scott Davey, whose run of form has not been as fortunate. Boxing on the same night, but in Gloucester, Scott was hoping to change the tide of form when he faced Bailey Hannis of host club, Factory ABC.
Scott put on a fine boxing display from the beginning until the final bell and thought he had won, but Hannis was given a split decision.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 7 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
Scott will be back in action tonight at Henbury, Bristol, where he hopes to get back to winning ways. Joining him on the same bill will be Weston’s Jordan Baker (13) and Sam Higgins (16).
Tomorrow night (Fri), Jiley Lamb (11), will be competing in Plymouth trying to maintain his unbeaten record. Saturday evening will see Aiden Claridge boxing in Bude Cornwall.