Warriors in action
- Credit: Archant
Two fighters from Weston Warrior Gym were in action last weekend at Bridgwater.
TWO fighters from Weston Warrior Gym were in action last weekend at Bridgwater. Adam Kellaway took part in the Under Pressure Cage fighting championships, while Gavin Rosevear travelled to Cheltenham to fight on Ultimate Impact 9.
Both fighters based at the Sweat Fitness Academy were looking sharp prior to these tough matches. As the two fighters were on separate shows, chief trainer Stuart Davies and world champion Lewis Mulhall cornered Kellaway and Jon Para from Centurions cornered Rosevear.
Kellaway faced Rob Elick from Bridgwater they had met previously under amateur rules a few years ago when he won. This was a great battle and the judges from the IKF declared the bout a draw.
Kellaway will be looking for a rematch on the Weston cage event on April 20 at Hutton Moor.
You may also want to watch:
Heavyweight Rosevear faced champion Scott Hamilton from Bristol and started the fight throwing some great leg kicks and caused Hamilton to go down. Rosevear continued to score some great shots and won in the first round by a knockout.
This was a well deserved win for the local Weston fighter, who has been training hard. Peter Miller from Miller Martial Arts has been helping Rosevear prepare for this fight. He would like to thank Peter, Jon Para, Stuart and all the Weston Warriors and his sponsor Superstar Nutrition.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Weston Warriors train Monday to Friday with a combination of kickboxing and boxing classes. For full information, please call 01934 629199 or email email@example.com