Water sports on offer at Axbridge
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Sailing (Bristol Corinthian Yacht Club) in Axbridge, will be opening its doors for youngsters to come along and learn to sail and windsurf.
CHEDDAR Sailing (Bristol Corinthian Yacht Club) in Axbridge, will be opening its doors and inviting youngsters of all abilities to come along and learn to sail and windsurf.
The three-hour water activity sessions for children aged nine to 16 will take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout August.
Sailing has everything, from a high adrenalin, high-performance competitive sport, to a cool and sociable relaxing leisure experience which can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Windsurfing keeps you fit, it’s exhilarating, easy to learn, but offers challenges along the way. You can do it on your own, with friends and family, or as part of a team.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar Sailing has been ramping up its efforts in the post-Olympic buzz to get more people sailing more often in 2013, and many of its volunteers and instructors found themselves talking to lots of youngsters interested in sailing at the recent BBC One Show summer festival held in Weston.
The junior taster sessions will take place from 10am to 1pm and 2-5pm at the club. Qualified instruction will be given and wet suits and buoyancy aids will be provided. Each three hour session costs £30 and can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
Sessions include learning to sail in all directions, launching and recovering, rigging and essential safety knowledge.
Bristol Corinthian Yacht Club is a recognised RYA Training Centre, meaning it conforms to the highest standards of quality and safety.
For more information on the Start Sailing sessions and what’s going on at Cheddar Sailing, visit http://www.bristolcorinthian.org.uk