Wayne starts with a double victory
- Credit: Archant
Motorcycle racer Wayne Axon started the season with a double victory at Brands Hatch.
WESTON motorcycle racer Wayne Axon from Locking, had a fantastic start to his race season by completing the double at Brands Hatch in Kent.
Wayne, who is competing in the N G road racing super twin championship, swept all his competitors aside with a win on both days with his Kawasaki ER6 racing machine.
The weekend comprised of two full days of racing in fantastic weather at the Kent circuit. He came away with maximum points and a good lead in the championship.
This year, Wayne who works as a technician at Worle Community School, is also competing at the Isle of Man TT races in June on the same machine.
You may also want to watch:
For the last two years he has competed on a Suzuki and he had two fantastic finishes, but the bike lacked the top speed for a top result. This year the bike he has acquired has a fantastic pedigree and finished in fifth position at last year’s event.
Wayne is hoping to finish in a much higher position this year, but this all comes at a cost. For the last two years, Wayne has had some generous support from Mercedes Benz of Weston, and this season is looking for more sponsorship to make the trip to the Isle of Man and compete at the highest level.
- 1 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 8 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
If any local businesses or individuals would like to help out, in any shape or form, Wayne would be very grateful. He can be contacted on 07890 882808.