Wedmore girls end the year on positive note
Wedmore Under-15 girls ended the year on a positive note with a 3-0 win at Purnells.
FOLLOWING a string of defeats, Wedmore’s Under-15 girls’ team ended the year on a positive note with a 3-0 win at Purnells.
Wedmore dominated the early exchanges with Lucy Burgess slotting home a neat goal shortly before half-time.
Purnells came back strongly in the second half, but were well contained by a well marshalled Wedmore defence led by Grace Williams.
As they pressed forward, the home team became vulnerable to counter attack and it was only a matter of time before Wedmore scored their second with a well-worked move, clinically finished by Mulberry Watkins.
You may also want to watch:
Purnells were unlucky not to score on a number of occasions, but were thwarted by brave goalkeeping by novice goalkeeper Liliana Podpadec and solid defence.
A great team effort was rounded off with a moment of individual flair from Lucy Burgess for her second goal. Gathering the ball in her own half, she beat four defenders before scoring.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront