Wedmore girls end the year on positive note
Wedmore Under-15 girls ended the year on a positive note with a 3-0 win at Purnells.
FOLLOWING a string of defeats, Wedmore’s Under-15 girls’ team ended the year on a positive note with a 3-0 win at Purnells.
Wedmore dominated the early exchanges with Lucy Burgess slotting home a neat goal shortly before half-time.
Purnells came back strongly in the second half, but were well contained by a well marshalled Wedmore defence led by Grace Williams.
As they pressed forward, the home team became vulnerable to counter attack and it was only a matter of time before Wedmore scored their second with a well-worked move, clinically finished by Mulberry Watkins.
You may also want to watch:
Purnells were unlucky not to score on a number of occasions, but were thwarted by brave goalkeeping by novice goalkeeper Liliana Podpadec and solid defence.
A great team effort was rounded off with a moment of individual flair from Lucy Burgess for her second goal. Gathering the ball in her own half, she beat four defenders before scoring.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences